As dental practices reopen, now is a great time to test your imaging equipment to make sure you are prepared to see patients again.
Follow the steps below for testing your Clio digital x-ray sensors, Claris intraoral camera, and SOTA Image software.
• Inspect the hardware to ensure it is ready for patient use. The sensor cable should not have any wiring exposed.
• Plug the sensor into your workstation and take 1-2 test x-rays. Repeat the process on all other workstations that use the sensor.
Claris Intraoral Cameras
• Inspect the hardware to ensure it is ready for patient use. The cable should snap into the bottom of the camera. The camera body, lens, and LED lights should not be damaged.
• Plug the camera into the workstation and take 1-2 images. Check that the capture button works and a live video stream is visible in your imaging software. Repeat the process on all other workstations that use the camera.
SOTA Image software
• Open the software on every workstation to test the connection to the server computer.
• Plug a camera or sensor into a workstation and take 1-2 test images. Repeat the process on all other workstations that use cameras or sensors.
If any of the above does not work properly, please call SOTA Imaging at (714) 532-6100 to schedule a time to troubleshoot the issue.